All students, grades 6-8, are enrolled in six different core classes throughout the day. English Composition, Literature, Social Studies, Science, Bible and Math compose the core curriculum. Elective classes for our middle school students vary throughout the year. These electives include: P.E., Agriculture, Music, Art, Spanish, and Computer Skills.
All students in grades 9-12 must meet the North Carolina state requirements for a high school diploma.
These requirements include:
· 4 credits of English and Math.
· 3 credits of Science and History.
· 2 credits of Foreign Language (Spanish or Sign Language.)
· 1 credit of Computer, Health and Physical Education, and Personal Finance.
· 6 credits of electives.
· In addition to the state requirements, Community Christian School also requires 4 credits of Bible.
· 29 total credits out of a possible 32 offered are required for graduation.
Honors credits are available in the following areas:
English, Mathematics, Science, History, and Foreign Language.
Additional Duties of our School Guidance Department:
This office is also responsible with assisting with college applications, finding scholarships, and all transcripts
including current and former students. This office handles all test coordination for Community Christian School. The following is a list of the current testing required of students enrolled at CCS:
- Grades 3-9 Iowa Test of Basic Skills
- Grade 10 PSAT 10
- Grade 11 PSAT
* All seniors are expected to take the SAT or ACT at the test center of their choice.
Attention Sophomores & Parents:
10 will be given on Tuesday, March 16th during 1st - 3rd blocks. Here are some websites to help you prepare: Khanacademy.org and https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/
. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Mrs. Pierce
or Mrs. Whitley
Transcript Request Form: